As the last action you do as the root user, you MUST create an IAM user. This is not only a better practice from a
security standpoint, but also, the
account-baseline-xxx modules we will use below assume IAM roles, which does not
work with a root user. Later on, we’ll create and manage all IAM users as code, but you should create this very first
IAM user manually by
following these instructions:
- Enter a username for your IAM user.
- Select both "programmatic access" and "AWS Management Console access."
- On the next page, click "Attach existing policies to user directly" and attach the
- Click next a few more times to create the IAM user.
- In a secrets manager, save the IAM sign-in URL, your IAM user’s username, the password, and your Access Keys.