Install Required Tools
Configuring your Reference Architecture requires that you have
git and the
gruntwork CLI tool installed on your machine. You have two options for installation.
Use the bootstrap script (preferred)
The bootstrap script will ensure you have all required dependencies installed. Within your
infrastructure-live repository, there are two bootstrap scripts.
bootstrap_unix.shwhich can be run on macOS and Linux machines
bootstrap_windows.pywhich runs on Windows machines
Choose the correct bootstrap script for your system. Both scripts perform the equivalent functionality.
In addition to installing dependencies, the bootstrap script will:
- Ensure you are running the script in the root of your
- Ensure you have sufficient GitHub access to access and clone private Gruntwork repositories
- Download the Gruntwork installer
- Install the Gruntwork command line interface (CLI) which contains the Reference Architecture configuration wizard
- Run the Gruntwork wizard to assist you in completing your Reference Architecture configuration steps (see docs for required permissions)
We do not recommend this approach. The bootstrap script performs several checks to ensure you have all tools and access required to configure your Reference Architecture. You will need to perform these checks manually if installing tools manually.
If you prefer to install your tools manually, see the following sections on installing Git and the Gruntwork CLI.