GCP Reference Architecture
1 min read · Last Updated 2 months ago
We are building out an end-to-end, production-grade, secure, and developer-friendly Reference Architecture for GCP. Just as with our AWS Reference Architecture, the GCP Reference Architecture includes just about everything a typical company needs: VPCs, Kubernetes (GKE), load balancers, databases, caches, static content, CI / CD, monitoring, alerting, user and permissions management, VPN, SSH, and so on. We deploy the Reference Architecture into your GCP account and give you 100% of the code, allowing your team to immediately start building on top of a battle-tested, best-practices, fully-automated infrastructure.
Our initial release targets Terraform 0.12.x, and includes support for:
- Multiple Environments: We support multiple environments including prod and stage.
- GKE Cluster: With Helm (Tiller) securely installed to run your applications.
- VPC Network: To securely contain all of the resources.
- HA Cloud SQL Database: To store your relational data. We support either MySQL or Postgres.
- Sample Applications: Gruntwork provides sample frontend and backend applications that demonstrate how to run an app on the GKE cluster.
- Cloud Load Balancer: To proxy requests to the GKE cluster. This includes DNS and TLS configuration for the load balancer.
- Stackdriver Integration: To collect metrics from the GKE cluster including log aggregation from supported applications.
- Google Cloud Build: For the purposes of continuous integration. Gruntwork integrates a CI / CD pipeline for the sample apps on top of Google Cloud Build.
- Google Container Registry: For storing the artifacts produced by Google Cloud Build.
- Secrets Management: [Coming Soon] Gruntwork will propose and integrate a suitable solution for secrets management based on Cloud KMS.